- Urban&Civic has acquired options to purchase over 2,100 acres from adjoining landowners.
- Area identified as a strategic development location in government sponsored studies including the National Infrastructure Commission
- Partnering for Prosperity and cited in March 2020 Budget and by MHCLG as potential location for a development corporation.
- Strategic location in the “OxCam Arc”, that benefits from existing and significant proposed improvements to national infrastructure, including the upgrading of the A428 to dual carriageway and East West Rail, which will link Oxford and Cambridge.
- The proposals include the potential for a new station at the intersection of the East Coast Main Line and East West Rail; direct access on to the A428; and a new road crossing over the East Coast Main Line.