Our commitment to good governance extends beyond the boardroom and is strongly supported by management and by the culture of the Group.”
The Board is committed to upholding high standards of corporate governance. The high level of involvement of the Executive Directors in the day to day running of the Group's operations enables good governance principles and policies to be upheld throughout the Group.
Communication with existing and potential shareholders is given a high priority and the Group undertakes a regular dialogue with its shareholders.
Key activities of the Board in 2018/19
- Appointment of two new independent Non-Executive Directors.
- Adoption of the 2018 UK Corporate Governance Code.
- In-depth review of Group strategy.
- Approval of financial results for the year ended 30 September 2018 and the half year ended 31 March 2019.
- Transfer of listing category of ordinary shares from standard to premium listing segment of the Official List of the FCA.
- Approval of new Group loan facilities.
Key focus areas for 2019/20
- Implementation of strategic priorities.
- Development of succession plans of the Board and senior management.
- Continued focus on risk management and internal audit review.
- Review of the Directors’ remuneration policy.
- Ongoing work towards full compliance with the 2018 UK Corporate Governance Code.
- Continued programme of communication and interaction with stakeholders.
- Employee engagement.
- Progress work on culture.